Warranty activation conditions :
In the unlikely event that your product needs warranty service, please contact your distributor, or failing that, contact the Customer Support Service CHOPIN Technologies.
To avoid any unnecessary inconvenience on your part, we recommend that you read the documentation carefully before seeking warranty service.
This warranty applies to product CHOPIN Technologies, provided it was purchased directly from CHOPIN Technologies, or from a certified member of its network. The list of certified members of the network CHOPIN Technologies is available on the website www.chopin.fr.
By this document, CHOPIN Technologies warrantys the product to be free from defects in materials and workmanship at the date of left our warehouses, for a period of 12 months from that date.
If within the warranty period the product is determined to be defective due to improper materials or workmanship, CHOPIN Technologies or a member of its network, without charge for labour or parts, repair or replace (at CHOPIN Technologies’s discretion) the product or its defective parts subject to the terms and limitations below.
CHOPIN Technologies and members its network may replace defective products or parts with new or refubisproducts or
1. Warranty services will be provided only if the original invoice or sales receipt (indicating the date of purchase, model name and dealer’s name) is presented with the defective product within the warranty period. CHOPIN Technologies and members of its networks may refuse free-of-charge warranty service if these documents are not presented or if they are incomplete or illegible.
This Warranty will not apply if the model name or serial number on the product has been altered, deleted, removed or made illegible.
2. To avoid damage to or loss/erasure of removable data storage media or accessories, you must remove these before submitting your product for warranty service.
3. This Warranty does not cover transport costs and risks associated with transport of your product to and from CHOPIN Technologies distributor.
4. This warranty does not cover::
a) Periodic maintenance and repair or parts replacement due to wear and tear.
b) Consumables (components that are expected to require periodic replacement during the lifetime of a product such as batteries, lamps,…)
c) Damage or defects caused by use, operation or treatment of the product inconsistent with normal personal or domestic use.
d) Damage or changes to the product as a result of:
- Misuse, including:
- Treatment resulting in physical, cosmetic or surface damage or changes to the product or damage to the displays.
- Failure to install or use the product for its normal purpose or in accordance with CHOPIN Technologies instructions on installation or use.
- Failure to follow CHOPIN Technologies Safety Regulations instructions.
- Failure to install or use the product in accordance with the technical or safety laws or standards in the country where it is installed or used.
- Virus infections or use of the product with software not provided or incorrectly installed software.
- The condition of or defects in systems with which the product is used or incorporated, except other CHOPIN Technologies products designed to be used with the product.
- Use of the product with accessories, peripheral equipment and other products of a type, condition and standard other than prescribed by CHOPIN Technologies.
- Repair or attempted repair by persons who are not CHOPIN Technologies or member of its network.
- Adjustments or adaptations without CHOPIN Technologies’ prior written consent, including:
- Upgrading the product beyond specifications or features described in the user’s manual
- Modifications to the product to conform it to national or local technical or safety standards in countries other than those for which the product was specifically designed and manufactured..
- Accidents, fire, liquids, chemicals, other substances, flooding, vibrations, excessive heat, improper ventilation, power surges, excess or incorrect supply or input voltage, radiation, electrostatic discharges including lighting, other external forces and impacts.
Exclusions and limitations:
Except as stated above, CHOPIN Technologies makes no warranties (express, implied, statutory or otherwise) regarding product or accompanying or constituent software quality, performance, accuracy, reliability, fitness for a particular purpose, or otherwise. If this exclusion is not permitted or fully permitted by applicable law, CHOPIN Technologies excludes or limits its warranties only to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law. Any warranty that cannot be fully excluded will be limited (as far as permitted by applicable law) to the duration of this Warranty.
As part of this warranty, CHOPIN Technologies’ only obligation under this Warranty is to repair or replace products subject to these Warranty conditions. CHOPIN Technologies is not liable for any loss or damage relating to products, service, this Warranty or otherwise, including - economic or intangible losses - the price paid for the product - loss of profits, revenue, data, enjoyment or use of the product or any associated products - indirect, incidental or consequential loss or damage. This applies whether that loss or damage relates to:
- Impaired or non-operation of the product or associated products through defects or unavailability while with CHOPIN Technologies or a member of its network, which caused downtime, loss of user time or business interruption.
- Inaccuracy of output from the product or associated.
- Damage to or loss of software programs or removable data storage media.
- virus infections and other causes.
This applies to loss and damages under any legal theory, including negligence and other torts, breach of contract, express or implied warranty, and strict liability (even where CHOPIN Technologies or a member of its network has been advised of the possibility of such damages).
Where applicable law prohibits or limits these liability exclusions, CHOPIN Technologies excludes or limits its liability only to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law. For example, some countries prohibit the exclusion or limitation of damages resulting from negligence, gross negligence, willful misconduct, deceit and similar acts. CHOPIN Technologies’ liability under this warranty will in no case exceed the price paid for the product.